We are commonly asked questions like 'how much would it cost to build app like XXX', including applications for restaurants networks. This article gives a rough estimation on this topic, PDF version of it can be downloaded from this link.
”Restaurant iOS & Android App“
Tech Proposal and rough estimation.
This paper contains rough time and budget calculation for implementing system “Restaurant iOS & Android App” in general case.
Please find below tech proposal, raw estimation in sense of time and materials. Estimation shall not be consider to be anyhow final, shall be concretize and actualized before project start and may differ up to 30% with final estimation and proposal.
Proposal based on video explanation attached to work description: in this document . Assuming no web site needed, mobile applications for two major platforms and server side support for them only, probably with some limited admin access/management functions only.
APIs and third-party libraries to be used:
As requested by the client, this proposal made in assumption these third-party services be used:
1) Foodics - POS integration with APIs (https://apidocs.foodics.com/core/introduction.html - new API version!)
2) PayTabs - payment getaway (https://dev.paytabs.com/)
3) Unifonic - SMS service provider (https://unifonic.docs.apiary.io/#introduction/authentication)
We also consider in case no other needs in server side for the project be needed, user management can be held by
4) Auth0 - user management/authentication service (https://auth0.com/user-management)
Also will be needed:
5) Google Maps/Google Places and other Google services for user/restaurant location finding/representation etc.
6) Apple Developer account for client published app to Apple AppStore;
7) Google Developer account for client published app to Google PlayMarket;
Technologies proposed to be used:
- Flutter/Dart proposed for mobile clients (both iOS and Android). Team capacity on this tech - 2 developers, full time.
Workflow proposal: 2-weeks SCRUM sprints, 2-3 times a week calls with client <> team (or client <> team representative aka PM), Trello/GitHub issues mobile apps uploading to testing via PlayMarket “beta” program for Android and TestFlight for iOS. Per-milestone payments, dedicated contract for maintenance after project started.
Hosting and infrastructure:
- AWS EC2 proposed for web application hosting, two medium AWS Linux/Ubuntu instances with application server on choice (Tomcat, Netty etc.) + load balancer. On same instances micro services with REST interface for mobile clients serving.
- RDS database for user data storage, 1 instance.
- GitHub/BitBucket for code storage.
Alternative MVP hosting: 1 DigitalOcean Ubuntu instance for service REST servers for mobile apps and web application.
Works order, roadmap and estimation:
- Project Architecture blueprints, mobile clients and web site wireframes production: 2 weeks, 2000 USD; Deliverables: documentation (mentioned in video, recorded by client, with all API endpoints documented as markdown document) and wireframes
- Cases and requirements written by Business Analytic: 1-2 weeks (depending on detalisation), 1000 USD; Deliverables: documentation.
- UI/UX works on mobile apps: 1 week, 1000 USD (1 mobile interfaces designer required.) Deliverables: Sketch/Figma files. On this point client shall “sign” the final mockups and wireframes.
- Backend basic features development for user registrations/ authentication and other basic REST features for serving REST to mobile app. (on the basics of deliverables of a p.1 ) 2-3 weeks, 1000-1500 USD; Deliverables: code on git, staging severs deployment;
- Mobile application MVP (app skeleton with custom UI themas/controls, user authentication, user profile, restaurants on map, restaurants menus, orders forming, orders placing, pickup-delivery etc.) 3-4 weeks, 3000-3500 USD; Deliverables: code on git, testing apps shared via TestFlight and Google PlayMarket Beta program.
- Backend improvement with REST features. 2-3 weeks, 1000-1500 USD; Deliverables: code on git, staging severs deployment;
- Mobile apps improvement to “public beta”. 1-2 weeks, 1000-1500 USD; Deliverables: code on git, testing apps shared via TestFlight and Google PlayMarket Beta program.
- In-depth system components QA including load and penetration testing of servers, manual testing of mobile clients etc. Deliverables: reports, issues sets in issue tracker. 1 week, 1000 USD;
- Bug fixing, 1-2 weeks, free of charge for bugs, additional agreement for changes and improvements;
- Deploy and publishing all system components, documentations etc. 1 week, depending on number of developers 500-1000 USD;
- Code and applications transition. 1 week, free of charge.
Conclusion and calculation:
As we can see calculation for proposed team/roles (part time business analYtic, part time UI/UX designer, part time QA and system architect, part time backend developer, full time mobile developer) we have 16-22 weeks and 11-23 K USD.
Please feel free to contact me any time towards this document at any time via our site contact form, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via social networks https://www.linkedin.com/company/22289152/ or https://www.facebook.com/a5.ua.md/
Thank you and wish you the great success with the project!